The roof of your commercial property is a significant investment because it shields the interior of your building from the elements and keeps it comfortable. To ensure the longevity, toughness, and general performance of your roof, it is essential to choose the appropriate roofing material. The best roofing material for your company should be chosen after taking into account a number of factors.
Factor 1: Climate and Environment
The location and climate of your building should be taken into account when selecting a roofing material. The degree to which various roofing materials can withstand particular weather conditions varies. For instance, metal roofing is more resilient to severe weather events like hurricanes and high winds while asphalt shingles are suitable for moderate to cold climates with periodic rain or snow.
Factor 2: Building Type and Design
The type and layout of your building also have a big impact on which roofing material is best. As opposed to a sloped roof, a flat roof requires a different kind of material. Similar to this, a structure that sees a lot of foot traffic might need a stronger material that can support heavy loads.
Factor 3: Cost and Longevity
When selecting the best material for your company, it’s crucial to take the cost and durability into account. While some materials may be more expensive initially but offer longer lifespans and lower maintenance costs over time, others may be more expensive initially but require less frequent maintenance and repairs.
Factor 4: Sustainability and Energy Efficiency
When selecting a roofing material for your company, sustainability and energy efficiency are becoming increasingly significant factors to take into account. Energy-efficient materials can lower your energy costs and lower your carbon footprint, while sustainable materials can lessen the environmental impact of your building and assist you in meeting green building standards.
Popular Commercial Roofing Materials
Based on the aforementioned elements, think about the following well-liked commercial roofing materials:
- Asphalt shingles: Reasonably priced and suitable for cold to moderate climates with sporadic rain and snow, but may need more frequent upkeep and repairs.
- Metal Roofing: Metal roofing is more expensive up front, but with proper maintenance, it can last up to 50 years or longer. Good for harsh weather and appropriate for structures with sloped roofs.
- EPDM roofing: With routine maintenance, EPDM roofing has a low initial cost and a 25-year lifespan. Ideal for hot, humid climates with regular downpours and thunderstorms.
- TPO roofing: Moderately priced, can last up to 30 years with routine maintenance. suitable for hot, sunny climates with sporadic rain.
- Built-up roofing (BUR): Buildings with built-up roofing (BUR) are suitable for flat roofs and high pedestrian traffic.
- Single-ply roofing: suitable for non-trafficked flat or low-sloped roofs.
- Modified bitumen roofing: Modified bitumen roofing is suitable for low-sloped or flat roofs with light foot traffic.
- Standing seam metal roofing: Standing seam metal roofing is a good choice for intricately designed sloped roofs.
Making the best decision regarding the roofing material for your company involves careful consideration of a number of factors. You can choose a roofing material that offers your commercial property the best performance and protection by taking into account the climate, type, cost, longevity, and sustainability needs of your building.
Rescorp Commercial Roofing is a full-service roofing company based out of Macon, GA. We have been in the industry for decades and make use of the best materials that can be found on the market. Our licensed and insured contractors are talented, skilled, and will deliver quality work. If you are looking for commercial roofing that is easy to maintain and durable, you can trust us to find a unique solution for you. We assure you of quality services and products at affordable rates. We have experience in different types of roofing and our experts will be glad to advise you on the best solutions for your property. Give us a call today for your free estimate!